Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tagged by Alani

Well, it is both an honor and privilege to accept this tagging opportunity from lovely Alani. (Good thing she's not old enough to buy spray paint. HA!)

8 Things I am passionate about:

God
My wonderful husband - Bill
My beautiful children - Timbra, Haley and Justin
My spectacularly adorable granddaughter - Alani
My health - spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional
The health of others
Water - I like to be near it, hear it, see it, in it, and drink it. I love the ocean...there is nothing like the sound of water lapping on the beach, or waves crashing.
Nature - you name it, I love it....trees, flowers, bald eagles, little birdies, otters, whales...the list goes on and on (I don't really like bugs or bees or slugs or that type of thing).

8 Things I say a lot:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Fabulous
I thought i was going to pass out
I have a great idea for a vacation
I'm cold
I need some, I wish I had some, do we have any... CHOCOLATE
Hon.................. (as in Honey would you, could you, do you think...)
Scawee (As in Scary)

8 Things I have learned or accomplished:

Being a wife, mom, and grannie are BY FAR life's greatest blessings
Others think and perceive the world differently than I do (imagine that)
Respect for my health
Laughter and Play are a universal language and key to a healthy life
Singing off key is okay
There are no mistakes in art
Cancer does not always equal a death sentence, and can be an opportunity to examine your life
Embrace the madness

8 Things I aspire to do:

Be an accomplished gardener
Speak a second language (as close to fluently as possible) - currently, Spanish is the front runner, with Sign as the runner up
Specialize in an area of Mental Health that would allow me to be considered an "expert in the field"
Travel to Ireland
In October, I plan to compete in a Triathlon (Sprint not Ironman - I ran a marathon in 1998 - I'm on the 10 year plan)
Ride a Century (100 mile bike ride)
See whales underwater while scuba diving (I'd also love to see a whale breech, preferably while I'm in a boat or on the shore)
Sing on key
This makes 9 - I'd like to die laughing, singing, or asleep, knowing I am a saved christian

8 Things that attract me to friends:

Lots of LAUGHTER!
Knowing that no matter how often we see each other, we can always pick up where we left off, with no regrets for time apart
Mutual respect - for family, friends, and self
The ability to share in one another's joys and sorrows
The ability to celebrate and appreciate life
A sense of adventure
Lack of envy
If they have chocolate

8 Artists I never get tired of listening to (or reading)

Most forms of Celtic Music
Bing Crosby - especially, White Christmas
Gene Kelly - especially, Singing in the Rain
Beethoven
Acappella singing with my church family
Bill
Alani
Peanuts (reading the daily comic strip, the wisdom is priceless, and their rendition of Hark the Herald Angels)

8 TV shows that I enjoy watching:

ER (I am pretty sure I've never missed an episode)
Biggest Loser (I think the transformations are amazing and inspiring)
Bull Riding (Bill suggested I add "tolerate," but I actually enjoy the show)
Extreme Makeover Home Edition (always makes me cry - often very big tears)
How to Look Good Naked (only saw it once, but thought it was fabulous)
Criminal Minds (though the subject matter is horrific, the therapist part of me can't resist)
House
CSI - Miami

I am not going to tag anyone, because I think everyone I would tag has already participated. I asked Bill and he said "no thanks," which would be on his list of 8 things he says often.

Update - I've been listening to the things I say frequently and two additions would be - "I was thinking" (often followed by "we should ..."), and "very nice." There may be more.

2 comments:

Haley said...

I never knew you were that big a fan of Beethoven!! Learn something new everyday! And the one about how to look good naked made me laugh out loud!

Haley said...

Oh yeah, and props for only posting ONE post at a time!