As I drive, bicycle, or walk around the island I often see flower or berry stands. Yesterday, I thought I'd stop and support the local growers. As I approached the stand, I noticed no-one was there, but laying on the counter was a basket, scissors, a price list, instructions and a cash box. Turns out, I was at a "u-pick" flower stand. So, I draped the basket over my arm and strutted off feeling quite farm-girl like, wishing I had remembered my gingham dress and apron, and of course, a sun hat. After choosing and cutting several stems, I tallied my purchase, placed my payment in the cash box and hopped back in the car--with a huge grin on my face and an uplifted spirit.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Tip Toe Through the Tulips
As I drive, bicycle, or walk around the island I often see flower or berry stands. Yesterday, I thought I'd stop and support the local growers. As I approached the stand, I noticed no-one was there, but laying on the counter was a basket, scissors, a price list, instructions and a cash box. Turns out, I was at a "u-pick" flower stand. So, I draped the basket over my arm and strutted off feeling quite farm-girl like, wishing I had remembered my gingham dress and apron, and of course, a sun hat. After choosing and cutting several stems, I tallied my purchase, placed my payment in the cash box and hopped back in the car--with a huge grin on my face and an uplifted spirit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ooh, those are pretty flowers, does it make you aspire to have a "cut-flower garden" next year? welcome to the blogging world. . . this is how it goes. . . "Hi, I'm Anne, I'm a blogger." "Hi Anne" (well, I don't know that you've done enough to need to attend one of these BA "bloggers anonymous" meetings, but Haley and I have been here a while. . . at the meetings that is) Congrats on your first post, complete with picture and everything!
Your very fancy, and I love that story, perhaps next time I come for a visit we shall bike over (basket on bike of course) with camera in tow and get some flowers and very fancy pictures. I'll be sure to let everyone know about your blog, so be sure to post often, perhaps a little tale of a whale might be in order!
I love your story! I'm so jealous that you leave on such a quaint little Island! Are those the flowers you picked? They are beautiful!!! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventureous life! I agree with Haley...you must share the whale story..and PICTURES too!
Post a Comment