This past Thursday and Friday, I attended a conference on Suicide. A very heavy topic to say the least. As we were wrapping up on Thursday, our speaker asked us all to spend at least 15 minutes that evening doing something "fun."
I shared this with Bill, and he asked what I wanted to do. Of course, I was exhausted physically and emotionally from the day, but chose going on a walk. Off we went, dogs in tow. What a wonderfully relaxing time, just chatting about nothing and enjoying the evening air and God's beauty surrounding us. One of the thoughts that came to my mind as we were walking, was that as a whole, our family tends to focus on fun and joy in life--enjoying one another's company, simple times, sharing memories, and much laughter.
The next day as we were sitting on the ferry, and I was preparing for day two, I overheard some conversation nearby which eventually erupted into laughter. One of the group said, "I'm going to have a good day now, I've started it off with a good laugh." What a concept--starting our day off with joy in our hearts-- a pleasant thought, memory, or interaction that has us looking forward to our future.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment