Thursday, November 8, 2007
Takin' on the "Man"
A month or so ago, I got a parking ticket at the ferry building. Was I ever shocked! We have those machines where you roll dollars up into little cigarettes and push them through the slot. And, as I'm a rule follower, that is exactly what I did. Plus, why would I not pay and then have to pay double and have a record?????? Anyway, I sent my check in, along with a letter of explanation. Guess what! Yesterday, I got a refund with a form letter stating "This matter having come before the undersigned Judge of the above-entitled Court and the Court having reviewed the records, it is hereby ORDERED: The infraction was found Not committed. The funds already paid shall be refunded." Now that was worth a 41 cent stamp and 15 minutes of my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to stick it to the man!
well, you should be a pro at rolling things into "cigarettes" so i was sure that you weren't at fault. . ha ha ha! hooray for your record being expunged and your juvenille records being sealed :)
HA! this is exactly like something i would do! In fact my mom called whoever is in charge of the tolls in Colorado and told them how my step Dad missed the right lane (for cars) and got out and walked over to put his $.75 in their little slot. She was cleared also. thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment