Friday, November 7, 2008

What is your husband up to?

Last evening, Bill and I went to a Jimmy Hendrix Tribute concert.  It was a great concert, with some wonderfully talented musicians (Buddy Guy, Johnny Lang, a guitar player from the Doors, and many more).  At one point, I looked over at Bill and asked if he was okay.  After he said he was fine, he asked me "why?"  I told him he hadn't moved in quite sometime.  To which he replied "I'm concentrating." He was obviously very intent on both listening to the music, but also observing the incredible talent of the musicians.  At the risk of sounding "old," let me say this was one "LOUD" rocking concert.  At the end of the evening, as we headed out the door, I noticed Bill had something whiteish in his ear.  At about that same moment, he casually reached up and pulled it out....I thought this was a bit strange, so I asked what was in his ear....Are you ready for the answer?....mint wrappers...in a matter of fact tone he explained that about the second song in, he could barely stand the noise (aka music), so he got out the mint from the restaurant where we had dinner, ate the mint, then put the wrapper in his ears. This is but one reason in a list of many as to why I love my husband like I do......

2 comments:

Haley said...

I laughed out loud for a LONG time after reading this; and before I even finished reading it!!

Timbra said...

um. . . . . that's about all i can say. . UM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he could have related more easily to a tune like "ONLY YOU" (as in ONLY YOU BILLIAM WOULD DO SUCH A SILLY SILLY THING!!) What was he concentrating on? keeping them in his ears? flexing his ear muscles to keep them from falling out? i can't stop laughing!